Do you ever crave a gourmet coffee but hate to go out in the cold weather to go to your favorite coffee place? Well with this White Cafe Mocha coffee recipe, you can make your own gourmet coffee in the luxury of your own home. And without having to go out to your neighbourhood Starbucks.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you make a purchase through my links, the seller will pay me a small commission for it at no additional cost to you. I am grateful for your support of this site in this way, so thank you!
This incredibly rich and decadent gourmet coffee drink is every bit as delicious as the expensive concoctions available at your local coffee shop. As shown, this recipe yields two large 16-oz. drinks. However, it can be divided into 3 or 4 smaller servings depending on what size mugs you use.
how to make your own gourmet coffee
ingredients for the homemade whipping cream
Heavy Whipping Cream
ingredients for the homemade white cafe mocha
Ghirardelli White Chocolate Chips
Brewed Black Coffee
Sprinkles for Coffee (optional)
how to prepare
Whip the cream until it becomes partially solid.
Add the vanilla extract, then the powdered sugar. Mix until light and fluffy. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
Simmer milk in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir continually without scorching for approximately 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Pour white chocolate chips into a medium microwave-safe bowl and heat in 20 second intervals, stirring between each one, until melted. Add the coconut oil and stir to combine.
Pour the warm milk into the melted white chocolate. Stir to combine and set aside.
Pour the coffee into 2 16-oz coffee mugs and top with the white chocolate milk mixture. Add a dollop of the whipped cream.
White Café Mocha with Homemade Whipped Cream
Whipped Cream Ingredients:
- ¾ c. heavy whipping cream
- 3 T. powdered sugar
- 1 t. real vanilla extract
White Café Mocha Ingredients:
- 2 c. whole milk
- ½ c. Ghirardelli white chocolate baking chips
- ½ T. coconut oil
- 2 c. freshly brewed strong black coffee
- Optional: Sprinkles – for garnish
- To prepare the whipped cream, pour the heavy whipping cream into a large bowl and mix until it becomes partially solid. Add the vanilla extract, and then the powdered sugar, and continue mixing until light and fluffy. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Pour the milk into a saucepan set over medium-low heat. Simmer, stirring continually to prevent scorching, until heated through, approximately 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pour white chocolate chips into a medium microwave-safe bowl and heat in 20 second intervals, stirring between each one, until melted. Add the coconut oil and stir to combine.
- Transfer the warm milk into the bowl with the white chocolate sauce and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Pour the hot coffee into 16-oz. mugs and top each one off with the white chocolate milk mixture.
- Remove the whipped cream from the refrigerator and add a big dollop to each mug or spoon into an icing bag fitted with a decorative tip to create an attractive swirl. Add sprinkles, if using, and serve immediately. Enjoy!