*This post may contain affiliate links and we may earn compensation when you click on the links at no additional cost to you
Ready | Set | Travel?
The summer season is upon us and once school is done for another year, it is vacation time. I’m sure the students in your household can’t wait until school is out. For that matter, I’m sure the parents can’t wait as well. It’s off to various destinations or as we did for so long, enjoying your own home and the luxury of our own patio. We loved it all the same. Although, our backyard is luxurious to us in the summer months, we still love to travel.
This year we are going to Croatia. And even though we have been many times, you still need to plan and prepare.
I have been travelling to Croatia for many years since I was about 12 years old. I went with my whole family. It was the best trip I ever took. There was so much to see. I was interested in everything even back then. Of course I had my camera and took pictures of everything. My dad had a video camera that I wasn’t allowed to touch. Which was alright with me. Back then they were not hand held. Those things were beasts. I remember we still had that beast when I went back to Europe alone when I was in my twenties. Let me tell you it was heavy and bulky.
These days things are so much easier. And we are going to Croatia again this year. But we haven’t been in such a long time. Now I am travelling with my husband and children. I have been to Croatia with my family when my children were pretty young. Perhaps a couple of times. But now the kids are grown . . . one is starting high school and the other a grown man in university. So this could very well be our last time going as a family. I hope not but once the kids are this grown, they have their own jobs and friends they don’t want to leave.
Never-the-less a European Vacation is a big adventure for anyone, especially if it’s your first time. So I have created a check list for you to download to prepare you for your fabulous adventure. It doesn’t hurt to be prepared what to take, what to wear and what to expect.
Here are a few tips you may need when you travel abroad . . .
5 Tips For Your European Destination
- Money Belt –First and foremost make sure you have the security of carrying a money belt where you will carry your family’s passports and money (very important)
- International Power Adapter – When travelling abroad, the electrical currents are much more powerful than here in Canada or the U.S. So, therefore, we need an international power adapter to plug our electrical appliances into their outlets.
- Luggage Travel Lock –Don’t just rely on the luggage closers. You should always add on the luggage travel lock to your luggage for added security.
- Travel Guide –It’s always handy to have a travel guide book with you when travelling abroad. It’s good to plan ahead and know where you want to go, cites to see, explore the history of the country you are travelling to.
- E-Reader –If you are like me, I love to read. But at home, there are not enough hours in the day to read anything. We run such a busy life. We all need a vacation now and again. And I love to read. I managed to read 3 books on vacation with my e-reader. Although I love to actually hold a book, it’s so much easier and light-weight to read on a compact e-reader.
To be sure you have packed your suitcase with everything you need for your trip, it’s important to have a checklist to go over.
Be sure to download my FREE Travel Checklist here