* This post may contain affiliate links and we may earn compensation when you click on the links at no additional cost to you
Do you take care of your skin?
I never wore make up as a teenager nor did I take care of my skin. I bet you those who know me will think I’m fibbing but I’m not 🙂 It just wasn’t a thing back then. My daughter is 15 (going on 25) and she wears a little bit of makeup here and there … a little bit of mascara and light eyeshadow and gloss on her lips. I didn’t even wear that.
It wasn’t until my high school graduation when the school photographer asked that we put on a little bit of blush for our photos. Well . . . that was foreign for me. Well alright. The photos didn’t turn out too bad but all you saw was two pink streaks on my cheeks.
After that, with a little help from a close family friend who began her own makeup business, I delved into the world of makeup and skin care.
So At What Age Should You Start A Skin Care Regimen?
It’s never too late to start taking care of your skin. There are so many products for all types of skin. I have been taking care of my skin for a little over 30 years. WOW!! I never realized how high that number was. But yes, I will be 54 in October (another wowzer moment-yikes) and I have not stopped taking care of my skin. I was able to teach my mother a few things I learned over the years with proper makeup application to what she needed to keep her skin youthful. Now I am trying to teach my daughter but with the power of YouTube, she seems to know everything 🙂 Am I right … ladies who have teenage daughters?
I think the earlier in life you start with taking care of your face, the better. As girls enter their teen years, the hormones start to kick in and so does the acne in most girls. But there are so many products to combat acne. As I said, I started my daughter on a regimen of hypo-allergenic skin care. Her face was breaking out and she needed a good product for her age. I bought her the Clinique line of skin care which is perfect for young skin. It helped clear up her acne within a few days of using the products. She also used Boscia Luminizing Black Charcoal Mask for the little bit of pimples she had in her t-zone area.
Over the years, I have used many brands of makeup and skin care, but one of my favourite lines are Clarins as well as Estee Lauder . They have beautiful products and an excellent skin care line. My most valuable product is the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair
Simple Daily Skin Care Regimen
- Cleanser or Toner – refresh your face from a long-night sleep
- DayTime Cream/Moisturizer – choose the proper cream that will keep your skin properly hydrated
- Foundation Primer
- Hydrating Facial Mist
- Cleanser – all you need is a small dab and lather up to wash away all the makeup
- Toner – with a cotton pad, wipe all the leftover dirt from your makeup. Cleansers might not always totally clean your face so it’s a good idea to use a toner.
- Eye Serum – dab a little in the eye area, which is a delicate part of our face. A very important addition to your evening skin care routine, especially for us mature women, who want to keep those wrinkles away.
- Night-time Cream – apply a cream that will keep your face moisturized throughout the night.
See . . . it doesn’t take too much out of your day to commit to a skin care routine. You just need to be faithful to this regimen on a daily basis. The most important thing you should take away from this routine is to never go to bed without washing your face. If you feel you don’t have time to do this whole routine, just promise yourself to ALWAYS wash your face before you go to sleep. That is something that has always been most important to me.
If you have any questions or comments I would be glad to hear them and answer.
If there is anything more that you might want to learn or another topic you want me to write about please let me know.