what new goals will you make this new year?
The New Year is finally here. The beginning of a new year gets us thinking of putting our new year goals into place. Have you started thinking of the “resolutions” you want to accomplish in the new year?
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link
I know I have. There are all kinds of things I want to accomplish this new year. I can’t think of what I want to do first.
What are your goals?
Remember, we make goals to make our lives better:
– You might have some extra debt you want to start paying off by creating a budget for yourself.
– Maybe you want to start a hobby and perhaps monetize that hobby.
– Give up sweets or pop
– Start a fitness regimen
– Join a gym.
– Maybe you want to cut out smoking.
Do you have goals you want to set in place for the new year? Do you have them “set in stone” as they say? Do you have them written down like in a Goal Planner? If you want to accomplish these goals you should really write them down.
It’s really honorable to come up with resolutions for the new year. I guess it’s something that has become expected. It has become a tradition to create goals or resolutions.
The new year comes around and everyone thinks of a resolution that they think they are going to keep but midway through January, the resolution is forgotten. Goals are forgotten.
Don’t get me wrong. I have always kept that tradition of making new year’s resolutions. But pretty much by the end of January, that resolution goes out the window. Am I right?
Bless your heart to those who have kept your resolution. I try every year. I joined the gym last January and planned on losing weight. Don’t we all. Well, I only managed to lose 10 pounds. I had planned to lose a lot more. But, we need to look at the bright side right. I lost 10 pounds. It’s a good start.
make a plan
The problem was I didn’t have a plan. I didn’t have my goals written down. I didn’t create a plan. You need to follow through with your goals. You need to create a plan so you could keep track of your goals. Keep track of your progress. Keep track of your successes, no matter how small.
8 ways to achieve your goals
We can all achieve success with the goals we create at the start of a new year. Let me show you how you can do that simply.
* Overview of Previous Year – A way to help you move forward is to look over the past year. Go over any successes you may have had big or small. But also go over any failures you might have succumbed to, as well. Analyze what happened with the goals you attempted to see through to the end.
Answering these important questions will help in your future goals and endeavors:
– What were the obstacles that you think made you fail your goals?
– What worked for you last year?
– What didn’t work for you?
– What do you need to do now to achieve those goals this year?
– Did you have a plan of any kind in place
* Goal Planner – along with helping you along with creating your own goals I have created an awesome goal planner. I just love creating schedules, forms, checklists. There is no way you can fail if you have my Ultimate Goal Planner.
You will have access to checklists, lists, schedules, and calendars to help you stay focused on your game plan – your goals. It’s all in one place. You will not need anything else to keep you in check with your accomplishments.
* Small Goals – don’t put pressure on yourself by making outrageous and too many goals. Keep it small. Take baby steps. If you are under pressure to accomplish so much all at once, you will be bound to fail. One step at a time.
Take it from me and my example: I should be more than happy I lost 10 lbs. I know why I failed in not losing more. I didn’t follow a plan. I didn’t write my goals down. I didn’t follow through with my goals. I admit I slacked off a lot.
But we are in a new year and we can redeem ourselves. We will achieve success, won’t we? We will be our better selves, right?
* Keep It Simple – along with making smaller goals instead of too many all at once, you should think of keeping these goals simple. If you want to give up sweets or pop, you don’t have to give up all at once. Have these items less and less throughout each month until you don’t miss them anymore.
* Do Not Be Hard On Yourself – the worst thing you could do is to expect certain outcomes instantly. It takes time. If you falter, you take a breath, figure out what went wrong and you continue on your journey. I got your back if you got mine. Try to believe I will be cheering you on to success. I want us all to succeed. Remember these goals better our minds and souls.
* Have Fun With It – don’t think of creating goals and resolutions a hardship. It should be fun and exciting and something to look forward to. It is a tradition to make your life better. To free your mind of stress.
* Buddy System – make your goals with your best friend or even all your girlfriends. Join a gym together or start a walking club amongst yourselves. Or even make it a family tradition. Make it a light competition. Who can achieve their goals first? And then you all celebrate the victory of your accomplishments.
* Celebration – don’t forget to celebrate your achievements. This is a huge accomplishment for you. You did it. No matter how small the accomplishment. You deserve to celebrate. Make it a monthly victory dance. You don’t have to wait until the end of the year to celebrate. Remember any accomplishment is a huge victory.
SO WHAT GOALS WILL YOU BE MAKING?
I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR
PLEASE DO SHARE! AND I WILL SHARE MINE.
I BET YOU ALREADY KNOW MINE 😊
DO NOT FORGET TO DOWNLOAD MY