What will you put on your Bucket List?
happy new year everyone
WHAT IS A BUCKET LIST
The New Year 2020 is finally here. The first day of the new year starts today. Have you ever created a bucket list? Are there things you wished you were able to do in your lifetime? There are all kinds of things I want to accomplish before I leave this earth. I can’t think of what I want to do first.
With the dawn of a new year, we think of creating goals to accomplish month to month, throughout the year. But, no one thinks of the bucket list that we should all have. It has just lately become somewhat popular, to me anyway.
I guess when you reach a certain age (as I have – lol), you start thinking about the things in life you would love to experience. Perhaps the things that are somewhat out of reach. But are they really?
When I first learned about the bucket list, people would write down things that they would love to do before a certain timeframe. That timeframe could be anywhere from now until we turn old and grey. To put it mildly. “Who you callin’ old?” Lol !!!
It gets us thinking positively and keeps our brain function in check. It gets you motivated to get you to the point of thinking, “Is it really possible?”. Don’t think of it as something that you have to accomplish. Think of it more as a wish list of things you want to accomplish during your lifetime.
Wouldn’t it be fun to really be able to do all those things we write down on this bucket list? Some of the things that were put on bucket lists were most of the time unrealistic. But who’s to say what is realistic and what is not. Then it’s not really something we really want to come true.
I did write up a bucket list of travel destinations. And thought it was far-fetched. But I have been to some of the places already and plan to fulfill the rest of that list someday soon.
You see at the time I wrote the list, I was single, then I got married and had children. Although we do everything and go everywhere together as a family, it’s still hard to set aside time to do more. Time escapes us.
Now that the children are getting older and are starting to work themselves and have lives and plans of their own, we can start planning to complete our bucket list.
So, this brings us to what types of things should we record on our bucket list. I would like to help you get started.
7 Things to record on your bucket list
* The first thing people write down is the travel destinations they want to eventually visit. That’s a big one for me. At the top of the list, there should be some simple and achievable places you want to visit in the near future. Then write down places you dream to visit. Some perhaps that might be inaccessible to visit. But my motto is: “Never say Never”
* for example: seeing the new 8 Wonders of the World:
* Taj Mahal – India
* Colosseum – Italy
* Chichen Itza – Mexico
* Machu Picchu – Peru
* Christ the Redeemer – Brazil
* Petra – Jordan
* Great Wall of China – China
* Great Pyramid Of Giza – completed in 2560 BC
* work harder to try to achieve a higher position in your company.
* perhaps you don’t like the job you are in right now. Are you thinking of changing careers? Nothing wrong with that. Everyone does it. You shouldn’t be stuck in a position you are not happy with. Dig deep inside and research what would make you happy.
* you want to make extra money on the side. There is a whole lot of things you could do. What is your passion? What do you love to do? Some examples are:
* start a blog
* start a landscaping company
* start a photography business
* start a snow removal company
* start a barber/hair salon business
* start a makeup business
* it’s a new year right. Perhaps there are some rooms in your house you would like to spruce up with a little colour or simple change. Just adding new and fresh colour to the walls in some rooms would be a huge change.
Health and Wellness
* Join a gym – I did that last year and going to continue but need to go more often. You can’t just buy a membership and expect to lose weight. You need to go more often. I need to practice what I preach.
* eat more healthy – make your own meals. No more eating out.
* go to bed at a decent time – you need to get you full 7-8 hours sleep. I have to admit I am really bad about this. Again, practice what I preach.
* Floss your teeth more – you should floss every night. Take care of your teeth.
* take time out for yourself every day
* start a vacation fund for your family vacation
* Create a budget for your growing family-cut back on more luxurious items
* start an education fund for your children at birth – it goes a long way when you have to dish out money for their college/university education
* build up a savings account for a rainy day
* do something exciting that you have never done before like – bungee-jumping
* write a novel
* go on a vacation by yourself
* run a marathon
I hope I was able to give you a few ideas on how to prepare your very own bucket list. But I also want you to stick to your goals. So I created a list of where you could write down your bucket list.
I would make copies of it when you finish filling out your wish list and put the copies around the house so you will not forget. Put it on the refrigerator so you see it every day. Put it on your mirror off to the side, in your bathroom so you see it every morning when you wake up. Keep it in your purse, your briefcase, your lunch box, your car.
See where I am going with this? Yes, it’s nice to dream. But, I want you to succeed in accomplishing these dreams. And you can do it. I have faith that it will happen.
Fill out your BUCKET LIST today.