Do you feel stressed all the time? Have you ever had the feeling that you cannot get enough done? Do you often feel like you failed yourself? I often have felt this way. It’s time to start thinking of yourself.
Let’s put ourselves first when times get crazy like this. Think of yourself once in awhile. And you should not feel guilty for taking time out of the day to do something just for you.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link
Do you often find yourself running after your kids to:
- get them ready for school / daycare
- get their breakfast
- prepare their lunches
- get them dressed
- we take them to doctor when they’re sick (while telling your boss at work you have to leave for an hour or two – not always pleasant – am I right?)
- pick them up after daycare / school
- help them with homework
- get them to do their chores (responsibility)
- get them to bed at a decent time
- we soothe them when they’re sick (no matter if you lose any sleep yourself)
And you start this scenario again the next day and the day after that. This is a daily routine. Then there are your extra-curricular activities:
- After school sports
- Baseball leagues
- Summer house league soccer
- Swimming lessons
- Guitar lessons
- Piano lessons
Except for hockey and baseball, our kids were involved in all these extras. I am in no way complaining. My husband and I immensely enjoyed doing these things for our children. They are the light of our lives, after all. But we also need me-time. I need me-time.
Having grown children now, you would think that it would get better. But, not really. They stress you out even more. They think they know everything. Am I right?
10 Things you need to do today to help you through those stressful days
1, Go for a long walk – everyone needs some fresh air.
2. Go shopping – even if it’s just window-shopping or walking around the mall
3. Take long bath – instead of the daily rushed showers, enjoy a long hot bubble bath from time to time
4. Massage – it will release all the tension in your muscles. Very relaxing.
5. Take up a hobby – we all have a little creativity in us. Starting up a new hobby would be fun.
6. Spa – now this is a must. What an incredible time to relax. You will come out of there stress-free
7. Exercise – before your hectic day begins, there is nothing like going to the gym getting a good workout. Makes you stronger for what the day shall bring.
8. Movie Night – ahhh my favourite night out. Even if it’s just you and your spouse, it’s a great night out. You could even try going to the movies by yourself. I did once and it was fantastic. I had so much fun. Just me, myself and I.
9. Go on a date – a great night out on the town with your spouse. A simple dinner out will relieve a little of that stress from a hard day at work
10. Start a Journal – take some time for yourself and write down all your thoughts and events of your day.
Living in such a fast-paced lifestyle is hard to get used to. We are constantly running around driving kids to school, to practice, to games, etc. You need to learn to slow down and appreciate life. We spend most of our lives making everyone else happy. When are we going to take time to ourselves.
Why not Start NOW!!
I encourage you to try one of these tips and feel free to email me to let me know how it went. Would love to hear it.
Be Your True Self!!!